This page lists a large amount of tutorials, most of which are community-made. Feel free to check them out and see if they can teach you something. If you've made a tutorial and wish to add it to this page, you can do so by editing it to the right. Just try to keep to the same format as the rest of the page.
- Tutorial 1 - The minimum required to get a level that can load.
- Tutorial 2 - Placement of lights and advanced setup of lights.
- Tutorial 3 - How to make an outdoor environment. There's a newer version of it available.
- Tutorial 4 - Explains how to make water.
- Tutorial 5 - Prop dimensions and detailing your map.
- Tutorial 6 - ???????
- Tutorial 7 - Making skyboxes for HPL2
- HPL2/Tutorials/Level Design - Using all of the basic techniques to achieve good effects
- Level Editor 101 - All the basics and some more advanced techniques.
- Basic tutorial - The minimum required to load a model as an entity with collision and game properties.
- Creating Ragdoll Entities - How to create full physics-based entities.
- Making Items Static - How to change an items' properties to static.
- Tutorial 1 - Basic materials and their properties.
- Creating mirrors - make reflective surfaces using water materials
- How to create Custom Sounds - Teaches how to create custom sounds for your custom story.
- How to Create Notes and Journal Entries - Explains how to make journal entries and place them in a map
- Porting MFP Assets - explains how to copy assets from MFP to TDD and avoid issues
- Convert HDRI to skyboxes
- Make your set-up comfortable for scripting
- Newbie's Guide to Scripting - A tutorial for those new to scripting, focusing on syntax and a few helpful hints - By 'Entih
- Tutorial 1 - Using a tutorial level, with some objects to make basic scripts.
- Activating/Using Message Pop-Ups - Explains how to activate a message to appear when walking into a script area.
- Triggering monsters on entities - Explains how to trigger an event after picking up an item.
Door-related script tutorials:
- Item That Unlocks a Door - How to make an item that unlocks a certain door.
- Buttons that open doors - Explains how to make buttons that open doors.
- Scary door events - Explains how to make scary door events.
- Using A Crowbar On A Door - Explains how to script a crowbar to blow open a door.
- Adding Messages To Locked Doors - Explains how to display a message when a player tries to open a locked door.
Useful coding practices:
- The "For" loop - Explains how and when to use the "for" loop.
- Advanced Timers - Explains how to use multiple timers in one function.
- Local and Global Variables - Explains what they are and how to use them correctly.
- Scripting Sequences - Explains how to build simple and easy to use cutscenes, or sequences for your mod.
Forces and impulses:
- Impulse and forces - Explains how to use force and impulse.
- Push doors open using force - Explains how to use Force to open doors and entities.
- Dynamic curtains - Using force to simulate wind
- "Disable" gravity and make objects float - Make entities seem to float using timer functions and forces
- Monster Path Nodes - Explains how to set up a monster's path and how to trigger it.
- Levers and secret bookshelves - Explains how to make a lever that opens a bookshelf.
- Scares - Explains in as much detail as possible the multiple scares you can use without having to bring out the monsters.
- Combining The Hammer And Chipper - Explains how to combine your hammer and chipper in your inventory.
- Checkpoints using Areas - Explains how to make a checkpoint using Areas.
- How to create your own Main Menu Backgrounds! - The usability of Amnesia's .cfg files and its Editors
- Modeling tutorial - Initially written for outsourcers.
- Large playlist of video tutorials for beginners and intermediate developers - By Mudbill
- Elven's tutorials
- How To Make Level Door
- How To Get a Key To Unlock a Door
- How To Make Water
- How To Make a Custom Story Background
- How To Make a Functional and Interactable Ladder
- How To Name and Describe Keys
- Simple Script Function
- Building and Lighting in The Level Editor
- Lighting in Level Editor
- Advanced Candle Light Connecting
- Wind Scare (Part 1)
- Wind Scare (Part 2)
- Make a key unlock a specific door
- How to create and use Areas or Triggers
- Using the Level Editor (Part 1)
- Using the Level Editor (Part 2)
- Using the Level Editor (Part 3)
- How To Create a Custom Story - By TheVegaNVega
- How To Make Journal Entries/Notes - By RussMoney
- How To Make Journal Entries/Mementos - By RussMoney
- How To Convert a Custom Story To a Full Conversion - By RussMoney
- How to convert cube map images to DDS format in the GIMP - By YourComputer
- From Noob to Pro: Amnesia Custom Story Creation Series - By YourComputer
- Adding Voice to your Diaries - By triadtimes
- How to create a custom main menu background - By CTCommunity
- Using Prop Force: How Do I Know Which Coordinate To Put My Value In? - By JenniferOrange