HPL2 uses AngelScript as a way of creating gameplay events, puzzles, etc. With some crafty code and looping timers, certain mechanics can also be altered on a per-map basis.
Where to start
- First, set up the development environment
- Learn the scripting workflow
- See the basics tutorial to start with your first script
- Community-made tutorials will help you learn to use AngelScript using simple examples.
- When you are familiar with the basics, see the list of all script functions in HPL2 to give you ideas about what else can be done.
You can also check out the script reference made by the community. It is a group of articles about features of AngelScript and an introduction to programming.